Site Visited 2012 

Middle adit St. Louis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Middle adit St. Louis and Jackson

Upper adit St. Louis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Lower Adit St. Lewis and Jackson

Upper adit St. Louis and Jackson

The St. Louis and Jackson mine is located in the Silverton Mining District of Snohomish County WA.  The claims were owned by The Deer Creek Gold and Copper Mining Co. in 1897 and the Conservative Mining Company from 1907-1909. 


The mine primarily produced copper and gold.  The work on the lower tunnel was done by pneumatic drills run by an air compressor, which was supplied by power from a pelton wheel on a 175 foot waterfall.


The development work consisted of three adits, an upper, middle, and lower.  The lower tunnel consisted of 600 feet of tunnel, with an additional 200 feet of crosscut.  The middle tunnel consisted of 150 feet of tunnel.   



St. Louis and Jackson Mine