St. Andrews was a community located in Douglas County WA settled in the late 1890's. It was around 1890 when Captain James Saint Andrew and his wife Lucy settled in the area and started a post office to serve the area out of their farm house. Andrews who was a Civil War veteran became Douglas Counties 2nd prosecuting attorney.
With the coming of the Great Northern Railroad in 1909 the St. Andrews area flourished. The community had established a hotel, general store, livery stable, black smith shop, and meat market.
The St. Andrews area survived for a number of years, but like many communities in the area the loss of income due to major roads bypassing the town ultimately lead to its demise.
Darby Hotel St. Andrews built 1906
St. Andrews cemetery
Site Visited 2011
Abandoned homestead St. Andrews
Telephone pole St. Andrews