Site Visit 2011, 2016
Hammond Manufacturing Co. two stamp battery
Rex mine (also known as the Rogers) and stamp mill located in Chelan County the Entiat Mining District. The mine was owned by the Wenatchee Gold Mining Company from 1906-1922. The land was then leased to Bert Rogers according to records from 1943. A two-stamp mill was added to the property at some point during its peak production.
The mill had produced around $170,000 in gold by 1930 and small amounts in 1933, 1934, and 1940.
The two stamp mill was manufactured by the Hammond Manufacturing Company, which was started by Issac B. Hammond. He began manufacturing stamping and other mining equipment in Deadwood, SD. In 1891 he relocated to Portalnd Oregon and formed the Hammond Company. He remained President of the company until 1911.
Rex and Rogers Mine