Lower Del Campo Mine and tailings pile
The Lower Del Campo Mine is located in the Monte Cristo Mining District of Snohomish County WA.
In 1896 the Del Campo Mining Company began operating on Del Campo Peak. That same year Gothic Peak was named in honor of William Gothic, one of the first prospectors to stake a claim in Gothic Basin. The primary ores sought here were gold, silver, and copper.
The Lower Del Campo mine consisted of a 800 foot tunnel driven straight into Del Campo Peak. Above the mine was the cook house and steam power plant.
Site Visited 2014, 2017
Cook house power building Lower Del Campo Mine 1912
Building site Lower Del Campo Mine
Air receiver tank
Lower Del Campo Mine