This site is located on PRIVATE PROPERTY and requires permission to access.
Hyde Coal 1914
Site Visited 2011
The Hyde Coal Mine was located near the former coal mining town of Cumberland in King County WA .
The Hyde mine began as the Rose Marshall Coal Company in 1910. In 1913 the operations were taken over by the Hyde Coal Company. From 1917-1919 the mine produced 70,000 tons of coal per year. The Hyde Mine shut down around 1921 for a period of 18 years until it was re-started in 1939. The Olson Coal Company ran the mine from 1939 until 1952.
Today what little remains of the Hyde site is located on private land.
Hyde Coal Mine