Site Visited 2014

Upper Great Republic

Stope upper Great Republic

Raise between lower and upper adits.

Lower Great Republic

Lower Great Republic

Upper Great Republic

The Great Republic  Mine is located in the Miller River Mining District of King County WA.


The Great Republic was originally located in 1892 by L.M. Miller and R.L. Taylor.  The claims were abandoned and relocated by John Terry for J.W. Cook.  In 1900 the claims became the property of the Great Republic Mining Company, which did all of the development work at the site including adding a cable tram and building a 5 stamp mill at the former town of Berlin.  The Great Republic Co ceased operations in 1905.   The property remained abandoned until 1937. 


The underground workings consisted of two adits connected by a raise. 

The mineralization was far superior in the upper and four rooms were stoped out.  The overall workings consisted of about 950 feet.

Great Republic Mine