Claquato was located in Lewis County Washington. Claquato was founded in the 1850's by Hawkins Davis and became a prosperous lumber town with a mill. The first Lewis County Courthouse was located in Claquato and completed in 1862. The town flourished under the leadership of Davis until he was killed in a mill accident in 1864.
In 1874 the railroad came and like many towns Claquato was bypassed, which lead to the eventual demise of the town. Claquato was officially removed from the County records in 1902.
Today Claquato historic Methodist Church built in 1857 and the Claquato Cemetery remain.
Abandoned Claquato church 1950
Millet mausoleum Claquato Cemetery
Site Visited 2011