Cabin Old Toroda 2016

Old Toroda main street abandoned 1960's

Collapsed Cabin old Toroda

​Site Visited 2011

Bolster - located in Okanogan County WA.  The town was platted in 1899, by J.S. McBride.  The town was named for the Spokane financier Herman Bolster.  The town of 30 families traded with neighboring Chesaw.  Bolster consisted of general stores, saloons, and a post office. A school operated for one year in 1910.  


Old Toroda - Located a the confluence of Cougar and Toroda Creeks in Okanogan County WA. The area settled in 1896 as a mining camp.  The main street of Old Toroda was made up of about 25 cabins.  Old Toroda consisted of stores, saloon, assay office, black smith, and post office.


The town was moved north to be closer to the mines and renamed Bodie.


Bolster-Old Toroda

Bolster abandoned in the 1960's

Bolster abandoned in the 1960's

Cabin Old Toroda 2011

​Building site at Bolster