Bodie located at the mouth of Bodie Creek in Okanogan County WA came to be in 1896 with the discovery of gold in the area.
From 1902 until 1911 the mines were owned by the Bodie Mining Company, backed by the Wrigley brothers of chewing gum fame. The mine was operated until around 1917 and then remained idle with intermittent production until Government Order L-208 closed non essential industries during WWII.
Today several structures remain on either side of Toroda Creek Road, with some structures on private property near the Bodie mines.
Bodie Assay office
Site Visited 2011