Arlington mill mortars
Arlington Mill site
Arlington ball mill
Site Visited 2016
Arlington Mine located in the Ruby/Conconully Mining District of Okanogan County WA.
The Arlington was located in 1887 by John Oleson. The Arlington Mining Company was subsequently formed in 1888. As of 1893 1,000 tons of ore had been shipped from the Arlington with a value of $25,000. The mine went idol for about twelve years, when in 1905 operations began again. The Arlington originally consisted of 4500 feet of workings. Today only the lower Arlington remains open.
The most active period for the Arlington was between 1914 and 1921. In 1937 a 50 ton five stamp mill was constructed at the site. The mill processed 5700 tons of ore in 1938 and 1939. Mining operations ceased in 1940.
Source: Discovering Washington's Historic Mines Volume 4-2011 - Woodhouse- Jacobson - Pisoni