The St. Louis and Jackson Mines are located in the Silverton Mining District of Snohomish County.
The mines were owned by the Deer Creek Gold and Copper Mining Company in 1897 and the Conservative Mining Company in 1907-1909. The mine primarily produced copper and gold. The work on the lower tunnel was done by power drills ran on an air compressor which was supplied by power from a pelton wheel on a 175 foot water fall.
The workings of the lower tunnel consisted of an adit with 600 feet of workings and 200 feet of cross cut. The middle tunnel consisted of a 150 foot adit. The lower tunnel contains a winze which originally was sunk to access a 104 foot tunnel.
Source: Mining in the Pacific Northwest L.K. Hodges 1897
HUNTTING, M.T., 1956, INVENTORY OF WASHINGTON MINERALS - PART II, METALLIC MINERALS: WASHINGTON DIVISION OF MINES AND GEOLOGY BULLETIN 37, V. 1,