Be sure to check back for additional listings 

  ghost.wa@comcast.net

   
  

Hammond Manufacturing Co. Portland Oregon. 
Rex (Rogers) Mine, WA 1906 -1940

  
Site Visit 2011  
     


One of the drifts in the mine.

The two stamps.
 

The mill building at the Rex Mine. 

Main tunnel second adit and shoring. 
 

"Y" Intersection in the mine.

Portal of the second adit. 
Rex Mine (also known as Rogers) and Stamp Mill located in Chelan County in the Entiat Mining District.  This mine was a producer of gold and silver.  Mining records indicate the mine was owned by the Wenatchee Gold Mining Company from 1906 - 1922.  The land was then leased to Bert Rogers according to records from 1943.  A two-stamp mill was added to the property at some point during its peak production.

The mine had produced around $170,000 in gold by 1930 and small amounts in 1933, 1934, and 1940.

The mill building on the property contains a Hammond Manufacturing company two-stamp mill.  The mine consisted of three adits.

The Hammond Manufacturing Company was started by Issac B. Hammond.  He began in manufacturing stamping and other equipment in Deadwood, SD.  In 1888 he went to London to purchase a 120-stamp mill for the notorious Bear Nest Mine near Douglas AK.  After the collapse of that enterprise Hammond bought the equipment and brought it to Portland Oregon where he formed the Hammond Manufacturing Co. around 1891.  He remained the President of the company until 1911 when he retired from day to day business.

An Important Reminder:  We strongly recommend you stay out of abandoned mines altogether unless accompanied by a guide familiar with the mine, safety and its structural condition.  



Hammond Manufacting Co. two-stamp battery has stamps weighing 850lbs each.  The capacity of the mill is 4 to 7 tons a day using 4 horse power. 
Portal of first adit. 

Looking into tunnel of first adit. 
 

Looking out of the second adit. 
 
Your Subtitle text

Chelan County Mines


                                              

Website Builder