The King and Kinney mine of the Miller River Mining District located in North King County WA. The first discoveries in the area were made in 1892, when surveys were run to locate the route of the Great Northern Railway across the Cascade Range.
The King and Kinney is located at an elevation of about 2300 feet. The mine consisted of a tramway, power house, and an upper and lower adit with a total of 525 feet of workings. The site primarily produced copper, lead, zinc, gold, and silver.
Still remaining at the powerhouse site is a Gardner-Denver "XH" series water cooled Duplex Cylinder Vertical Compressor that was engine driven. The package has a receiver tank for air storage. This type of movable package was commonly used for drilling air in mines. It dates to the late 30's after the 1927 merger of the Gardner Governor Co and the Denver Rock Drill Co.
Special Thanks to Mike Goetz and Paul Duesterhaus of the Gardner-Denver Company for identifying and helping date this equipment.
Source: Inventory of WA Minerals Part II Metallic Minerals M.T. Huntting 1956
Mike Goetz and Paul Duesterhaus - Howard Cray - Gardner-Denver Company
Be sure to check back for additional listings