There is very little information recorded about this once small agricultural community.
Farmer Washington was located in Douglas County. Farmer was established around 1895 with the first post office. The first postmaster of Farmer was John Morgan.
Farmer consisted of a general store, post office, community hall, and service station. Today the Farmer Community Hall still exists and is occasionally used as well as the Farmer Cemetery also known as the Happy Home Cemetery..
We have read accounts questioning the identity of the remains at Farmer. According to sources from the Douglas County Museum the structure pictured right is that of the former Farmer store.