Cloverland, Wa sits just above the town of Asotin, WA. Very few buildings from the 1900's remain. The area was first populated in hopes of starting orchards and growing other crops. These attempts failed leaving Cloverland to those who could make a living raising livestock and grain. At its peak in 1910 the population of Cloverland was 400. The two story garage building that remains is listed in the National Historic Register. The garage building was originally a store, and was converted to a garage in 1918.
The owner of the garage trained in automotive repair and opened the only auto dealership and garage in the area.
Cloverland was the main road from Lewiston, Idaho and Wallowa, Oregon.
Just up the road from the garage is a church and the Cloverland Cemetery consisting of 44 burial records.
Be sure to check back for additional listings